The lower stretch of the Mississippi, from carefree New Orleans to vibrant Memphis, is the river of Legends – the river of centuries-old shaded oak trees, elegant antebellum plantations, cobblestone streets and Victorian mansions. Inhale the sweet fragrance of magnolia blossoms, relax in a rocking chair with a glass of sweet tea and watch the essence of the south unfold around you.
Begin 2018 with a sense of wonder and excitement on a magical lower Mississippi river cruise onboard the lavish, all-new, American Duchess.
NEW ORLEANS TO MEMPHIS (and reverse)
New Orleans, LA – Nottoway, LA – Baton Rouge, LA – St. Francisville, LA – Natchez, MS – Vicksburg, MS – Greenville, MS – Memphis, TN (Ports may vary by cruise.)
Memory flows deep and sentiment eddies and swirls along the Lower Mississippi River. Experience authentic Southern culture as you journey through living history and soak in the romantic spirit of the Antebellum era. Fertile cotton fields, vast sugar cane plantations and imposing pillared mansions will transport you back in time, as will the Civil War battlefields.
Included attractions on our Signature Hop-On, Hop-Off Tours:
- Nottoway Plantation, the South’s largest remaining antebellum mansion
- USS Kidd DD-61, a memorial which honors men and women of American Armed Forces
- Capitol Park Museum, a museum showcasing Louisiana history, industry and culture
- Louisiana’s State Capitol, the tallest capitol building in the nation
- Rosalie Mansion, the Union headquarters for Natchez during the Civil War and built in 1823
- Magnolia Hall, a fully restored mansion that was owned by a wealthy cotton broker and merchant
- Stanton Hall, an Antebellum Greek Revival Mansion built on an entire city block of Natchez
- Old Court House Museum, the most historic structure in Vicksburg, hosting guests such as Jefferson Davis, Ulysses S. Grant and Teddy Roosevelt
- Plus many others!