Experience the Danube River aboard the MS Amadeus Silver II, our exclusively chartered river ship, on a sevennight cruise through four countries. Includes two nights in Prague and escorted shore excursions in five cities with English-speaking guides.
2 for 1 Airfare Or Solo Travelers Free Airfare on select departures
- 22 Meals (7 dinners, 6 lunches, and 9 breakfasts)
- Airport transfers on tour dates
- International Cruise Director and expert staff onboard
- Two-night hotel stay and touring in Prague, the Czech Republic before cruising
- Experience the Danube River aboard the exclusively chartered MS Amadeus Silver II
- Once onboard, unpack just once in your river view stateroom
- Visit five countries on this holiday while cruising the best of the Danube River
- Included shore excursions escorted by local, Englishspeaking guides in Passau, Dürnstein, Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest
- All meals included onboard featuring local and international specialties
- Four course lunches and dinners onboard, served with complimentary regional wines, beer and soft drinks
- Afternoon tea time and late evening snacks served daily in the lounge
- Complimentary WiFi onboard
- Spacious public areas with large picture windows
- Enhanced touring experience with the use of audio headsets
- Walk-out balcony and panoramic window featured in the suites on Mozart Deck
- ‘Inside balcony’ with drop-down window featured in the staterooms on Mozart and Strauss Decks
- Presentation on the history of the Danube River
- Included visit to Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna
- Culinary demonstration by the ship’s chef
- Musical concert performed onboard by local artists in Bratislava
DAY 1 – DEPART THE USA
Depart the USA on your overnight flight to Prague, the Czech Republic, one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.
DAY 2 – PRAGUE, THE CZECH REPUBLIC
Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel. The day is at leisure to begin discovering your new surroundings.
DAY 3 – CITY TOUR OF PRAGUE
After breakfast, an included tour highlights the famous sites of the city. See Old Town Square, Prague Castle, Wenceslas Square and the medieval Charles Bridge. During free time this afternoon, discover the city on your own or join the optional excursion of the Jewish Quarter.
DAY 4 – PASSAU, GERMANY
After breakfast, depart Prague by motorcoach for Passau, one of Germany’s oldest cities. Enjoy an included guided walking tour through this fairytale town with a history dating back more than 2,000 years. Admire graceful arcades, cobblestone streets and see the breathtaking Baroque cathedral of St. Stephan, before embarking on your exclusively chartered river ship.
DAY 5 – LINZ AND SALZBURG, AUSTRIA
The day is yours to explore Linz on your own or join an optional excursion to Mozart’s Salzburg, where your guide shows you sights from The Sound of Music and walks you along the famous Getreidegasse Lane, past Mozart’s birthplace.
DAY 6 – MELK AND DÜRNSTEIN, AUSTRIA
Join an optional excursion in Melk to the magnificent 900-year-old Benedictine Abbey (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) which boasts an opulent Baroque interior. See the Marble Hall, library and terraced gardens. Enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the Wachau Valley, as we cruise along the Danube River, before arriving in Dürnstein –‘The Pearl of the Wachau.’ Join your local guide for a stroll through this quaint medieval town, dominated by the magnificent Baroque Stiftskirche with its lovely blue façade. The ruins of Kuenringerburg Castle, which served as a prison to England’s Richard the Lionheart, can be seen on the hilltop.
DAY 7 – VIENNA, AUSTRIA
Discover all Vienna has to offer during the included orientation tour. Travel along the Ringstrasse and see the impressive Opera House, famous concert halls, stately architecture and historic monuments. Visit Schönbrunn Palace with its magnificent interiors and landscape gardens. Enjoy leisure time in the city center this afternoon. This evening, join an optional excursion to a musical concert in one of the famous music venues of the city.
DAY 8 – BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA
The day begins with an included panoramic city tour of Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia and the former capital of Hungary. Board the exclusively chartered Bratislava City Train for a unique touring experience. As the train winds its way up to Bratislava Castle, the guide will point out the beautiful buildings and historic sites. See the Slovak Philharmonic Hall, the National Theatre, the Archbishop’s Summer Residence and the Blumental Church. In the Old City, a leisurely paced walking tour passes the Archbishop Palace, St. Martin’s Cathedral and the Main Square with its Old Town Hall, the Roland Fountain and Opera House. Tonight, enjoy a musical performance onboard by local artists.
DAY 9 – BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
Today’s city tour presents you with a fantastic opportunity to become acquainted with Hungary’s beautiful capital. Enjoy a photo stop at Gellért Hill, see historic Buda Castle, 500-year-old Matthias Church, Heroes’ Square, the distinctive Fisherman’s Bastion and the marvelous Royal Palace. Enjoy free time to explore and shop for porcelain or other local specialties.
DAY 10 – BUDAPEST AT LEISURE
The day is at leisure to spend the last day of your European holiday as you wish. This evening we say goodbye tour captain and crew at our farewell reception onboard.
DAY 11 – BUDAPEST / USA
Bid a fond farewell to Europe and return home with memories of life enriching experiences from your cruise along the Danube River.