Experience the re-awakening of Spring along the Rhine and Mosel Rivers. From the enchanting Keukenhof Gardens, in the Netherlands, at the peak of tulip season to the majestic heights of Switzerland. See the countryside bloom as we sail these two historic rivers of Europe.
- 23 Meals (8 dinners, 6 lunches, and 9 breakfasts)
- Airport transfers on tour dates when air is provided by Mayflower Tours
- International Cruise Director and Mayflower Tours expert staff onboard
- Cruise the Rhine and Mosel Rivers aboard our exclusively chartered vessel, the MS Emerald Dawn
- Once onboard, unpack only once in your river view stateroom with a window for panoramic viewing
- Narrated canal cruise in Amsterdam
- Visit to the magnificent Keukenhof Gardens
- Explore Reichsburg Castle on an included excursion
- Shore excursions escorted by local English-speaking guides in Cologne, Cochem, Koblenz, Strasbourg and Lucerne
- Narrated cruising through the UNESCO World Heritage Region of the Rhine River Valley
- All meals included onboard with a variety of international cuisines
- Four course lunches and dinners onboard, served with complimentary regional wines, beer and soft drinks
- Afternoon tea time and late evening snacks served daily in the lounge
- Complimentary WiFi onboard
- Enhanced touring experience with included audio headsets
- Walk-out balcony in the suites on the Horizon Deck
- ‘Inside balcony’ with drop down window in the staterooms on the Horizon and Vista Decks
- Included two-night stay and touring in Lucerne, Switzerland
- Narrated canal cruise in Amsterdam
- Visit to Keukenhof Gardens at the height of tulip season
- German entertainment onboard in Koblenz
- Insightful presentation on the history of the Rhine River
- Culinary demonstration by the ship’s chef
DAY 1 – Depart the USA
Depart the USA on your overnight flight to Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
DAY 2 – Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Transfer to your exclusively chartered river ship, the MS Emerald Dawn. Plan to arrive at the ship by 2:00pm. On a narrated canal cruise, view the city from a different perspective as you pass historic buildings, lovely townhomes and churches at water level.
DAY 3 – Keukenhof Gardens
On an included excursion to Keukenhof, you’ll discover why it’s called the “Garden of Europe.” On this amazing life enriching experience, admire gorgeous flowers at the height of tulip season!
DAY 4 – Cologne, Germany
While visiting 2,000-year-old Cologne, enjoy an included walking tour to the town center and Domplatz – home of the magnificent cathedral which serves as the symbol of the city.
DAY 5 – Cochem, Germany
Rated as one of the prettiest villages along the Mosel, Cochem is best known for its fortified gates, pastel-colored or half-timbered buildings, Baroque towers and vintages of Mosel Riesling wine. Enjoy an included guided tour of the 19th-century Reichsburg Castle. This afternoon, the ship sails on to Koblenz. A lively performance by local German entertainers takes place onboard our vessel this evening.
DAY 6 – Koblenz and Rüdesheim
Enjoy an included walking tour of this historic city at the confluence of the Rhine and Mosel Rivers. Stroll through the narrow lanes and romantic squares of the city center past some of the cultural monuments, medieval churches and beautifully restored houses. This afternoon you won’t want to miss the spectacular scenery as you cruise through the “Splendor of the Rhine” – a UNESCO World Heritage Site featuring St. Goar and the legendary Lorelei Rock. This afternoon, arrive in Rüdesheim, one of the Rhine’s most delightful towns. Your Mayflower Cruise Directors will walk you into town where you’ll have free time to stroll through the alleyways filled with shops. Enjoy your evening in Rüdesheim and stop in a beer hall or wine tavern along the lively Drosselgasse. Filled with music and song, it’s the perfect opportunity to sample the best of genuine Rhine hospitality!
DAY 7 – Optional Excursion: Heidelberg
A brief port call is made in Mannheim for disembarkation of the optional excursion to Heidelberg. Known as Germany’s oldest university town, Heidelberg is also famous for the ruins of its red-walled 16th-century castle. The ship continues to Speyer where the optional excursion will end.
DAY 8 – Strasbourg, France
Between France and Germany lies lovely Strasbourg, one of Europe’s most attractive cities. Enjoy a panoramic tour before the walking tour of the city center takes you on a stroll through the charming Old Quarter, “La Petite France,” with its typical Alsatian half-timbered houses. The Main Square is dominated by the magnificent gothic cathedral with carvings as delicate as any piece of hand-made lace.
DAY 9 – Lucerne, Switzerland
After breakfast, disembark the ship in Basel, Switzerland to begin your Swiss adventure. Depart by motorcoach to Lucerne, a picturesque town surrounded by mountains and meadows. An included walking tour highlights the city’s landmark, the famous 14thcentury Chapel Bridge that crosses the Reuss River. See the 17th-century Renaissance Town Hall and town squares, all set amongst the beautiful backdrop of the Swiss Alps. The remainder of the day is at leisure.
DAY 10 – Optional Excursion: Mt. Pilatus
Your last day is left free of planned activities. Enjoy on your own, or join the optional excursion to Mt. Pilatus – a mountain overlooking Lucerne that offers a unique alpine experience! This evening, get together for an included dinner at the hotel.
DAY 11 – Lucerne / USA
Bid ‘auf wiedersehen’ to Europe and return home with memories of life enriching experiences from your cruise along the Rhine and Mosel Rivers.